Wednesday 9 March 2016

CLINTON N'JIE SAID TO BE NEARING RETURN FROM KNEE INJURY

 
Clinton N’Jie is nearing his return to the Tottenham first-team after more than two months out with a knee injury.
The Cameroon international, who signed from Lyon last summer, underwent surgery on his medial collateral ligament (MCL) in his right knee in December.
He has not played since the Europa League group stage victory at home to Monaco on December 10 and has made just 13 appearances all season.
But N’Jie returned to fitness work outdoors this week and hopes to make an impact as Spurs chase a first title in 55 years.
“It’s important for me to come back and join the team because they’re doing a great job,” he said.
“Mentally it hasn’t been easy. It’s been tough but I’ve been working very, very hard with the doctors and medical staff to get myself fit.
“Injuries happen, so I’ve just been looking forward to coming back stronger. I can see the good job the guys are doing and I can’t wait to get back onto the pitch and be part of it.
“It’s important that I’m still hungry, I still want to play and I still want to prove to the fans what I can do so, for me, I just want to get back fit and do a good job.”
N’Jie has been sharing a treatment room with centre-back Jan Vertonghen – Spurs’ vice-captain – who has been suffering with a knee injury of his own.
And N’Jie said: “Since Jan got injured he’s been there for me and trying to encourage me. All the players have been really good and I really appreciate that.
“But it’s not only the players – the gaffer, all the staff, everyone has been there to encourage me and to tell me that they want me to be back as fast as possible. That’s been great encouragement.”


SOURCE: skysport

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear your opinions. Like onions opinions come from everywhere ;).