Saturday 5 March 2016

THE YOUNG STAR BEHIND ONE OF THE FINEST CAMEROON BASED CLOTHING LINE (AMARE CESAR).INTERVIEW (photos)






Ngouane Willem is a young entrepreneur who for over the years has been able to put in place a clothing line (AMARE CESAR), hit  10k followers on instagram, organized shows and is getting into the production of the highly Anticipated Fraganzia Magazine. Karawa’s Diary caught up with him a couple of weeks ago and he shared to us what he has been and is still up to


KD:Good morning sir

Mr Ngouane: Good morning. Am glad to have you here with me today

KD: It’s a pleasure to be here. Tell us about you

Mr Ngouane: My name is Ngouane Williem. I am an entrepreneur and a crazy lover of arts.  I was born and raised in the economic capital of Cameroon, Douala. Listening to music, watching soccer games, fashion and arts are a few of my hobbies.

KD: I are so aware of your most acclaimed clothing line Amare Cesar that stormed Cameroon some few years back, especially the youths. What inspired you to start the clothing line and where is the name Amare Cesar from??

MR Ngouane: just like I earlier mentioned, fashion is one of those things I crave for. While still in school, back in 2010 I thought to myself that I could bring out something different and unique as far as fashion was concerned, then was born the idea of a clothing line. At the time, I was also involved in recording and writing music. My friends addressed me Cesar, like the biblical king (he laughs). When the idea of clothing line down on me, I thought of a name that was going to depict greatness when one wears the products. I could not get anything that sounded and looked better than Amare Cesar( meaning Love the King). It was all about loving the king in you as an individual. It was all about the king personality. Now it is gone international.


















KD: Amazing. Were they any challenges that came up with the idea and how did you overcome them?

MR Ngouane: first of all I want to say that every real dream comes up with its own challenges and I definitely did face a couple for mine. Building a team and getting the right finances to fund the project at first felt like a night mare. There were many people who ridiculed the whole concept and told me things like am wasting my time. I also knew I was getting into a business that had already existing clothing lines and I personally got scared severally if it was really going to work. Notwithstanding, there was a single thing that kept me going. It’s called FOCUS. There was so much wahala to deal with but I had to stay focused and it kind of fanned my dreams to reality and now the project does exist in reality (the king spirit). Family and a couple of friends were supportive.

KD: how did you know you were in the right place.

MR Ngouane:A dream driven by passion does the treat. However, when I finally started sending the products out for public consumption and had the likes of Petit Pays, Daphne, Fluri Boyz and many other individuals and celebrities wearing it, I was convinced that this is it, this is the right place. (smiles)



KD:How will you describe the industry in 2 words

MR Ngouane: Great Improvement

KD: Amare Cesar has been cold recently. What is cooking?

MR Ngouane: A lot has happened over time. Hard decisions had to be made to redefine the product. I however, want to assure the amare cesar fans that we are coming back stronger than before this 2016. And it will be worth the wait.

KD: how do you manage the arts world and the fashion world?

MR Ngouane: (he laughs) Let me take this moment to announce that my arts profile on instagram just hit 10,000 followers making me one of those few in Cameroon if not the only to hit 10k followers on instagram. Fashion and Arts have a lot in common and as such can be easily handled simultaneously. It has been that easy for. Looks like a merger kind of platform so I really don’t feel the wait because both platforms inspire each other


 

















KD: who are(is) your role model(s)?

MR. Ngouane: (Laughs out loud) When I tell people that my role model is Jay Z especially Cameroonians they will be staring at me with so much curiosity as if to say I cannot have a foreign role model. But that is my role model. If you look into Jay z’s life you will see and entrepreneur, and artists and clothing line owner. That is my identity. That’s what I am going to be in my own way. Samuel Eto’o is one of those I also admire so much. I, growing up to be an inspiration to the younger generation can be a dream come true

KD: Any word for some in the hustle like you or anyone who wants to walk down the road of fashion

MR. Ngouane: the word is BELIEVE


The lamplight as far as 2016 is concerned is shinning much more brighter than the previous
for more inquiries mail me at calebngenge@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Ngouane Bomaye is really a talented man. He is inescapably a Cameroonian role model for the younger generation.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear your opinions. Like onions opinions come from everywhere ;).